2.25.2008

RIP Omar Little - the death of a legend

Image Hosting
I am sad like Omar was a real person, not just a character. This is the last season of the only TV show that matters. I got satellite just to watch the The Wire. And one of the primary reasons is Omar Little. Excuse me while I fight back tears.........

If you didnt know, he was the most captivating character I have ever seen. Since the first season's memorable scene, when he walked up the alley wearing a trench coat, bulletproof vest, brandishing a sawed off shotgun. Very imposing right, but this clown whistled, "The Farmer in the Dell," while all the dope boys fled at the mere sight of him. I remember looking over to my Mom, awestruck. It happened many times thereafter, from the gay lovers, the quotables to the daring robberies. Even last week he terrorized Stanfield's crew, hobbling on a makeshift crutch.

As a viewer, I have been amazed that he lasted this long. He was the predator of predators, and he was struck down by a pygmy hopper, while getting some "Nou - Po'ts" his cigarette of choice. I expected a vicious gun battle. I guess he said it best,"Its all in the game."






Omar was thug even as a shorty


RIP Omar, you will be missed.

No comments: