8.18.2008

400 meter hurdles

in my former life i was a hurdler and actually was pretty good for a while. so the Olympics is a big thing. and besides has half way brought me out of my current slump. for those who have been watching the 100m final was amazing. the first jamacian olympic gold medal at world record pace. truly amazing. but the 400m hurdles is by far my favorite event. the men's final is tonight. i predict an American sweep. we all but own this event at the olympics and it will not change in Bejing. and i think Ga Tech's own Angelo Taylor is a dark horse to win, after seeing how smooth he was in both the quarter and semifinals.

i leave you with some of my favorite races, hopefully tonights race will compare

John Akii-Bua, delivering Uganda's first gold medal in 1972 Munich (lane 1)


Edwin Moses Gold Medals in Montreal 76 and LA 84
edwin moses la84

Kevin Young Barcelona 92 46.78 current world record


more to come later

1 comment:

Melody.Darlene said...

in my former life i was a bird. lololol im just messin