9.29.2008

Little Brother 9.20

Photobucket
my brother says that i am assbackwards. and this time i do agree. the things closest to my heart tend to ben the farthest from my conversations. so i am trying to atone for the many people and/or things that i have slighted over the years. so here i go. i went to the Little Brother concert last week. and had another one of those moments, instead of sharing it with the world. i kept it all to myself. bad move.

i am a Little Brother fanatic. Little Brother is rapper big pooh and phonte. hailing from durham, nc, they are my favorite rap group, by far. they have supplanted my once favorite rapper(in a blog, coming soon). i support them in all of their endeavors and i clear my calender for their concerts. so far i have been to six of them. and they keep getting better. i can be spotted wearing my LB, t-shirt and hoodie (thanks again ?myk).
Photobucket

they just fill a void musically that was vacant for about 5 years. i cannot even explain what has come over me since '04 when i heard phonte and nicolay's foreign exchange in groove merchants. the journey started and there is no signs of slowing it down any time soon.

but what surprises me most is that their shows are great irregardless of the crowd or should i say lack thereof. the energy and enthusiasm is second to none. seriously i have been to a few boring packed out shows at amos' and needed a refund, because of lackluster performances. but i have seen a great lb show on trade and tryon for the hoop it up torney in'06 in front of 50 very spaced out people.

many artists treat charlotte the same way, you treat your job on monday morning. they just want to get it over with. i, we deserve better. can you say that your favorite artist a) comes to charlotte on any regular basis b)gives a great show in charlotte every time? i sincerely doubt it.

i stand behind quality, and Little Brother is that at all times. if you werent at the 9.20 show at amos here is a little something. for me, this song off the first album, 02's the listening, was the climax. be there next time.
The Way You Do It - Little Brother

No comments: