9.10.2008

Who is watching over you?

Photobucket Image Hosting
you may have the brinks home security. some have a doorman or a security guard in your complex (i call 'em watchiman). even better you might even have top flight security. but my security is a lot cheaper and a little precarious. yeah precarious, i couldnt find a better word to express it. living in university park, we keep it old school, neighbors. some of you have heard my very entertaining stories of my neighbors and neighborhood. for those who dont know, out here i come in contact with some very interesting people on an almost daily basis.

so i am at the house. its a 1130 pm and i get a knock on the door. i was expecting no one and i dont accept uninvited guests. its my next door neighbor, who is very mysterious. he is nomadic, so i see him periodically. i can only guess what he is really up to. so last night he appeared at my door at 1130pm. he needs $7 for something. so we are talking and he is willing to trim my hedges for the change i'm giving him. yes, $7 change. i keep a change jar for times like this. i never go to the wallet even if i got it. then he says that he has been watching my house since i have been there. he sees me come in late, cause he is on the other side of the house or in his backyard when i come in late at night. and states that nothing will happen to me my house.

now this is the second time he has said this to me. now it makes me think. does he set people up for break-ins. does he scout the neighborhood and get a finder's fee or is he involved. or is this a light extortion. yeah a plethora of questions went through my head. and he then admits that he does his "thing" but he keeps that away from our street. now i always suspected what his "thing" is. let your imagination run on that.

but on the flip side, a friend of mine stopped by the house when i was on vacation. he was spotted. and when my mom came by in no time she was told and a dead-on description was given. so i guess there is a lot of truth to it.

another interesting day i 28216.

1 comment:

MYK said...

pretty funny..cuz that person being described was me..lol