1.17.2010

I want a refund

I went to a wedding over the summer. No I was coerced into going to a wedding over the summer. I only go to weddings when it is mandatory. I just don't get into it. My girlfriend's sister got married in July in Virginia. Since she was going that way, i decided to make a vacation of it and we traveled to Philly, Delaware and Maryland since we were going to be up that way. We had a nice time for the first five days, but those two days of wedding and respective preparations were the worst. From being stood up at the wedding party dinner, due to slack communication and preparations, to wandering aimlessly through Georgetown after midnight on Thursday with the wedding party, to going to U Street with the most unenthusiastic man on the planet. I said man, not groom. He was a lively as a pet rock, out on the town with his boys. Then cap it off with a stale ass ceremony.

Well when your relationship is garbage and the bride and groom have actually been married (at the the Justice of Peace) upwards of six months before the ceremony, there is really nothing to celebrate. Furthermore, the couple doesn't have get along anyway. Their first clue is that they never appear to be happy in each other's prescence.

The first clue to knowing that marriage isnt a good idea. So i did my part bought a suit and shoes that may never be worn again. I forgot the shirt tie and socks too. I paid $139 for a room at the Embassy Suites, which is the same as any other hotel except for the big open atrium area. And did I mention its in Alexandria, Va. All my people live on the Maryland side, so in total they did me no favors. So i am sending a $500 invoice for my expenses and total waste of time.

Now i bet you ask why. because i just learned that he left her. not even six months after wasting all of our time. and six months after them arguing on their "wedding" night. we could have stayed at home and just seen the pictures. so as bad as it sounds, despite your pain and suffering for entering into a time bomb of a marriage, i still want my $600. I take cash, credit, money orders, or even barter. but i gottat have it. and furthermore, i will not waste another ounce of energy or money to attend another one of your functions. now, my lady can feel free to roll by herself, but i will choose otherwise.

4 comments:

N. O. said...

LOL yea sounds like a refund is well-deserved darkness. U may need to find the groom, beat him, and get it from him. It'll be the most excitement the most unenthusiastic man on Earth has ever seen.

Few Redeeming Qualities.... said...

i should but someone my confuse it with protecting a woman's honor and that surely is not the case. mr unenthusiastic is in the army, been in iraq too, so he might not be the one to mess with

Relevantlystaying said...

LOL! I'LL be writing a similar blog real soon. Went to that same wedding with just a different bride and groom! I want a refund too!

Anonymous said...

LMAO this has to be one of the funniest blogs ive read in forever...im with you...i would want my money back too...good luck on getting your refund :)