1.26.2009

Influences

Photobucket
these are the two most influential albums in my life. they have shaped me into the music lover i am. Gangstarr's Daily Operation was a seminal work that introduced me into the underground sound of the Golden Age of Hip-hop. From Guru's smooth delivery accompanied with Premiere's sampling genius. it transformed an impressionable young black child. every album i have bought since, is because of this album. it took me away from some of the miscreant work, if you have been following the blog, you may be familiar with the Misinfluence of Video Jukebox post. Guru and Premiere lead me away from all that foolishness and never allowed me to look back.
Photobucket

isaac hayes' To Be Continued is the second most influential album to me. a deep love for soul music was ignited laying on the floor in the living room. my parents non-mint condition LP was the muse. 'til this day i search for the soul in any type of music. latin, percussion, broken beat, afro-beat, and genres that i cant identify, the soul is what reels me in. seriously i am passionate about that. this is why, i am very particular about the music that i can bear. not even like. when you feel the venom of my words when i speak of wack music worldwide its Isaac's fault. when you take in his mastery the bar is definitely elevated to where few can reach.

now, the most influential non-buys of my life, Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer. despite the popularity and inescapable songs, i had a gut feeling. my boy, JR he bit and bought them both. he even had those patent leather shoes. i wanted a pair of those pants, im glad moms wasn't standing for that bullshit.

what are the most influential artists of albums of your life?

No comments: