1.11.2009

The Recession hits home

The recession is in full effect if you didnt know. The news is getting scarier every day. i have friends that have been laid off or are somewhat anticipating getting laid off. they canned some old-timers at my job. they are giving early retirement packages to old-time corporate personnel and even District Managers. So I can only guess that it will effect me sometime soon. Mostly likely just a rollback of my hours. if the creditors will rollback my expenses i wont have too much of a problem. but i wont hold my breath about that.

but the biggest blow to date was Addie's Jamaican Restaurant. Addie's was my premier date spot back when i was trickin'(2005-2006) It was quaint, intimate, and relatively cheap. Plus, its was an unknown gem. i took a few dates there consecutively. I think the staff, kinda took notice too. like when they looked at me with familiarity but my carousel of dates with confusion. they never outed me, so i am eternally grateful. Addie's got the mood started and all i had to do was steer the ship back to my place.

i haven't been there in almost three years now. all that trickin' got old quick. actually, i had been hoping i had someone of the proper caliber and potential to take to a place that i love so much. i am sad, it didn't happen.

RIP Addie's, it is sad to see you go.

1 comment:

Sexxy Luv said...

lmao!

yea it's sad that you didnt get in one more date at your favorite spot. :(

the recession is hitting hard and its only going to hit harder. smh