2.08.2009

My Inspiration

Photobucket
i have been on hiatus. i have been trying to stack my chips. '09 is the year of the big come up. one of the things on my list is my furniture. this scavenger furniture has run its course. so i have been i have been decorating lately. yeah, me and decorating in the same sentence. i bet you didn't expect it. at first, i wanted help. i thought i couldn't do it myself. so i asked for help. i pleaded for it. but as soon as help arrived, i realized my mistake. i wasn't clear nor assertive enough when explaining what i wanted.

i had a vision of what i wanted. simple, earth tones, inviting, warm, sexy and swanky. no man's place embodied this better than Marcus from Boomerang. so he inspires me to shoot for the stars. with all that being said,i was too cheap to make a move. but last month my cousin asked if her and 5 of her friends could stay here for the CIAA tournament later this month. I thought about it for a day then accepted. in '09, the year of the big come up, i decided to parlay my tax monies into a new TV and some new furniture. so thats where my energy has been for the last month.

finding a TV was easy. its nice but no quite Martin's Hoshitoshi. but furniture shopping is like plucking my chest hairs one by one, painful. first i didn't know what i wanted. then i had to organize my budget. then i made a decision. luckily i measured it and its too damn big for the house. then i re-evaluated things. next i spent a mind numbing afternoon at Ashley, Rooms to Go, Value City, and Lazy Boy. Followed by Rooms to Go outlet and two local furniture warehouses. and there i found it.

the randy watson set, sexual chocolate. deep, dark, and masculine, hmmm sounds kinda like myself also.

i'm just glad i'm finished. spring is coming so my hibernation is coming to an end.

damn, Eddie Murphy is really responsible for this post. Maybe i'll find a girl who likes to party all the time..........................

2 comments:

Sexxy Luv said...

when i come and visit i'm staying at your place! lol

(i have a homegirl in charlotte)

Few Redeeming Qualities.... said...

i got a big dose of southern hospitality for you. that best sums it up.